Christian Chapter Chat

11.06.2006

Peace/Evermore

So I'm a day late and a dollar short. Or maybe several days late and ten dollars short. ;) I didn't get a chance to post from work, then I left my book there over the weekend. So here I go for the final round.

Peace I liked this chapter. When I first began it I thought this - peace is not necessarily the absence of war. There have been many times in history where there's been no wars, but I would say that the inner souls of men, without Christ, were still raging. Just like the author talked about on page 193. That was really good stuff. As the Bible tells us, before God regenerates the hearts of sinful men, we are enemies of Him; we are children of wrath. I guess it doesn't get any more un-peaceful than that. Thankfully, He provided a remedy for that in Jesus. The peace that passes all understanding is one that the world cannot understand, therefore cannot practice it.

Romans 5:1 says, Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Those who have been saved by God possess peace with God.

Evermore For a guy who wrote some pretty good chapters throughout his book, well this one fell short for me. Quite anticlimatic. And the analogy of what I guess is Sleeping Beauty ?? escapes me. I do agree, though, that 'it ain't over.' It's only just beginning, and it will last for eternity! Praise God!

Come, Lord Jesus.

1 Comments:

  • Looks like we agreed on that last chapter. He did write some pretty good chapters so I was really excited to see how he concluded...bad ending with Sleeping Beauty.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home