Christian Chapter Chat

11.03.2006

Evermore

I would really be disappointed in the end of this book if it was only the story of the Prince and Princess but then the author swings wide and makes his way back to my most favored and cherished passage in all of the Bible – Ephesians 3:17-19.

I still remember reading this for the very first time after I was saved and thinking my heart had been stirred by it - just like the heart of the Princess was stirred by the arrival of her Prince. That passage alone awakened me fully to what had happened to me and made me realize once and for all that my life was never ever going to be the same again. How could it be? To be loved like this? To be thought of in this way? To be cherished and blessed and held in His gaze like He was seeing me for the very first time?

[Is “change” even a big enough word???]

The final poem of the book is called “union” and, although it is not one of my personal favorites, it does sum up the point of all this – to fix our gaze on God and to become, slowly but surely, so much like Christ that one cannot tell where He starts and where we end. My goal in life is to arrive at the gates of heaven needing only one last piece of the puzzle to be put into place so that I am everything God ever imagined me to be. I used to think success was measured by what you did or who you knew. Now I know it is gauged by how well you love and how intimately you allow Christ to transcend into your life, your body, and your very soul.

How wide? How long? How high? How deep?

[I simply cannot wait to find out!]

Bring it on, God…bring it on.

2 Comments:

  • "...that one cannot tell where He starts and where we end. My goal in life is to arrive at the gates of heaven needing only one last piece of the puzzle to be put into place so that I am everything God ever imagined me to be."

    I love this!

    By Blogger kpjara, at 9:23 AM  

  • No, "change" is not a big enough word, Jules! LOL!

    This is one of my favorite verses too! Indeed, we are sistahs! ;)

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home