Christian Chapter Chat

10.27.2006

Joy

“Any religion that’s all somber and serious isn’t Christianity. Easter is not an elder’s meeting; it’s an end zone dance.”

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to think about the look on the faces of the disciples when those wonderful women came bounding into their path with the news that they had seen the risen Christ! Part of me wonders if it was like the episode where Jackie tells Roseanne that they had just won the lottery on the old “Roseanne” show. Out of breath…unable to really comprehend what they were seeing…but still knowing that, somehow, they had to get the words out…and then the look of total confusion on everyone’s faces…and, finally, people jumping up and down, grabbing each other, overcome with joy!

It would have been something to see…

The final poem really got to me in this chapter. “I feel the touch of your hand upon me. I feel the fire of your presence within me. I am finally finding out what life and death really mean…”


Good stuff, Maynard.

1 Comments:

  • Isn't it neat how we both began with the same paragraph from the chapter? :) I would like to think great minds think alike...yada yada yada....but, I don't think my brain can be classified as a great mind! LOL! Yours, maybe...but not mine! ;)

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home