Christian Chapter Chat

10.23.2006

Dawn

This chapter made me think back and remember momentous occasions in my life. Times like when Jim proposed, 3:00 in the morning when I ask the nurses to bring Pilot from the quarrantine room, when Pilot was 14 and taller than I he came running into the room and plopped in my lap to tell me he loved me and took time to cuddle, Pilot calling from college early in the morning to tell me that he had received one of the coveted pilot slots, pinning on his wings two years later. All momentous and wonderous events but nothing to compare to Resurrection Day!!

On so many of my momentous occasions I cried. I cried tears of joy and happiness. So I can only imagine that I would have cried too, if I had been there with Mary. I cannot even begin to fathom the emotions which each person involved went through. My mind cannot wrap around something which I have nothing to compare it. Except tears. I know there would be tears.

This is the part of history I like...no, I LOVE! He has conquered! He is victorious!!!

"O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING? ~ 1 Corinthians 15:55

3 Comments:

  • I love your humble enthusiasm for your own memories! and how they could never compare, no matter how great they are on earth...to what happened on that first Easter.

    By Blogger kpjara, at 7:18 AM  

  • I love this! I could just see Pilot running into your room, an awkward 14-year-old, all long and lanky, cuddling with his mom for probably the last time. What a sweet, sweet memory!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 7:48 AM  

  • I love the victory at the end...just like you!

    By Blogger Andrea, at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home