Christian Chapter Chat

10.23.2006

Dawn

I've tried to put myself in their place. I've tried to imagine what it would be like to show up at the tomb and find the rock rolled back. Wondered what it would be I would be thinking when I saw the angel tell me he's not here because he's not dead any longer. Thought about how long I'd walk around looking for the body before I believed what I was being told.

The one word that resonates with me in this chapter is this one:

WHIPLASH.

True and total mental whiplash. I've had it before.

Looked for a purse that was no longer where I had set it down just moments before. Stolen? How could that be? I was just gone a moment...

Scanning the backyard looking for Gracie. I don't see her. The gate is still locked. How else could she have gotten out? Why can't I see her...

Standing at the luggage carousel at the San Francisco terminal. Surely this is my flight. Where's my bag? Why isn't it coming off with all the others? What do you mean you don't know what happened to it...

Mental whiplash.

But going to a grave and finding it empty? Excuse the pun but GOOD LORD!

Nope. I could go over this scene in my mind a hundred thousand times and I'd be standing there in utter confusion just like the rest of them. And, despite my inability to grasp the obvious I have to say that this is the part of the story where my feet begin to dance...

3 Comments:

  • This really is a turning point! A turning point worth CELEBRATING!

    By Blogger kpjara, at 11:46 AM  

  • "this is the part of the story where my feet begin to dance..."

    What a celebration heaven is going to be - we see it all so dimly now despite books like this one to help us visualize these moments.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 3:21 PM  

  • I love the feet beginning to dance, Jules! I can just see them pick up the pace, getting faster and faster! :) I'm right there with you on the dance floor! :)

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home