Christian Chapter Chat

10.16.2006

Darkness

"Darkness reigned that day. And Jesus died."

This chapter was 'raw' to me. It just told it like it is and reminded us not to try to understand the why...rather to embrace the WHO and His unbelievable sacrificial love...one that I doubt any of us will ever truly understand.

This chapter reminded me of what I saw in "The Passion of the Christ". It was really hard for me to watch it. It didn't deepen my faith...it made me sick to my stomach to SEE the torture Christ endured for us...for me.

This chapter reminded me that when life was taken from Christ (on a cross), ETERNAL life was offered to each of us. This chapter humbled me and my arrogance in being a Christian, at times. It reminded me that ours isn't some pretty story...it's a war we waged against our savior to the point of death.

Again I am blessed by James pushing me to meditate and think on the death of Christ...the darkness of the world.

2 Comments:

  • Excellent thoughts, Kim. It is humbling. And we, today, are just as guilty as the people in Christ's time of putting Him up on that cross.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 9:15 PM  

  • It was a raw chapter, wasn't it? I loved the totally black page across from the end quote. It seemed so definitive to me.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home