Christian Chapter Chat

10.11.2006

Wounded

"the greatest scars
are not found in wounded hearts,
but in overlooked ones.

there is no greater pain
than the ice of loneliness."

This IS absolute truth. The thing that still astounds me is seeing people search and search and try to 'heel the hurt' with a thousand things other than Jesus. From what I hear from others it's almost always because it seems to 'easy'.

I loved this chapter and could certainly concur with what it said. I think my own journey has been witness to the hell of isolation and hopelessness that often shadows. I loved the way the chapters pull from previous lessons and I reflected back to 'shadow' and to some of the earlier chapters when I reflected on this.

This is also the first chapter where I did NOT like how James worded a portion. He reminds us that "Jesus begged God for another way to rescue his bride, but the all-knowing God could think of no Plan B." I totally disagree.

God could easily have just spoken forgiveness or even just had Jesus beaten for our sin...but He CHOSE death on the cross and the ultimate separation of Jesus into hell to achieve our salvation and redemption. God knew how the price would be paid. He knew in the beginning. For me to suppose He didn't makes him less than God.

Overall it again spoke volumes to me. I love James' poetry and his simplistic writing that would speak to a secular world as easily as an OVERLY-religious world. I love that he includes the spirituality in each chapter. It's not all black/white writing...it is elusive and hard to grasp and sometimes poetic and symbolic...yet it speaks loud and clear to me!

Thanks to Jules for sticking with us during the drought. I'm back on track! and loving this book!

2 Comments:

  • Kim, I'm with you on not liking that same part. To think God would not, or could not, think of a different way is just absurd.

    Good to see you posting again! :)

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 11:33 AM  

  • Kim,
    I agree with your thoughts on James. That part of this chapter really stuck in my craw as well. I hate it when people assume God doesn't know what He's doing. As IF! :-)

    For the most part, though, I loved this chapter, too. I like how the book pulls you backwards to rethink things along the way - that's the main reason I thought this book was so special. I kept finding myself going back and rereading parts because of something he said later in the book.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home