Christian Chapter Chat

10.09.2006

Garden.

This chapter does it for me - the best so far by a big, big margin.

I have thought often about the anguish that Jesus felt in the garden. To know what you are going to go through and know that there is no turning back - it just makes me feel so weak. I would like to believe that if I knew what I was about to go through as I died then I would face it willingly because I would have the knowledge that I was going to see my Lord face to face!

But Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world, was, "...distressed, horrified, alone, crushed with grief, in agony, sweaty and face first to the ground.". And Praise God, Jesus chose to go God's way!

Something else I've thought about is that if, for instance, I could see that I was about to have a car crash and there was no way of avoiding it, then I like to think that I would say something like, " I'm in your hands Father." and not just panic.

We all have the choice of comfort or pain - the right way / the wrong way. We make choices every day of our lives - what to do; what to watch on the TV; how we treat other people; how we just spend our days; what we allow ourselves to think about.

I pray that my faith will be big enough to say "Yes" to God no matter what the cost.

Thank you Jesus for saying "Yes" to the cross for me. Amen.

4 Comments:

  • "I pray that my faith will be big enough to say "Yes" to God no matter what the cost."

    Me, too, Dave...me, too.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:00 AM  

  • To quote you Jules: "Me, too...me,too."

    By Blogger Andrea, at 12:16 PM  

  • interesting that this was your favorite, Dave.... I think this has been my least favorite so far... but how neat that God uses one thing to touch someone that another just "doesnt get".... :)

    By Blogger dangermama, at 3:10 PM  

  • I'm sure, Dave, if you were in that kind of situation, He would give you the grace needed to face it. He says not to worry about what to say, that He will give you the words to utter.

    Great thoughts regarding a great post!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home