Christian Chapter Chat

10.18.2006

Scattered

Before I post I'm just wondering if you are alright, Addie? I haven't seen you posting, which is perfectly okay, but more importantly, I haven't seen you commenting. We all know that you don't have to post to comment. Are you feeling okay? Still hanging in there? I'm missing your insights! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Yes, they all deserted Him. I am sure I would have been doing the same thing. Oh sure, I like to think that I would have stuck it out with Him, just like I think I wouldn't have had to wonder in the desert for 40 years. Yeah, right.

But because I know the ending of the story (sorry folks, Jules rubbed off on me!;), everyone running off brings me such encouragement. It really does. Why? Because look at who God uses to do His work. After all, the disciples did not have the Holy Spirit at this time. So once Christ left (died) I can see them believing it was hopeless. Yet, the Lord used them and uses you and me today. Isn't that mind boggling? Maybe not for you but I know myself and I am always surprised when God allows me to be part of His work. I'm always so surprised when I accomplish what He desires. Because I know myself. At my heart is a chicken. I am filled with fear. Even with blogging. Do you know how long I "lurked" around Jules and Gayla's blogs before I ever made a comment? Suffice it to say it was a long time. And my heart beat painfully fast after I hit publish.

I know I would have run. And I do not think I could have stood there at the foot of the cross as Mary, the mother of Jesus, did and like the other Mary, and John. I commend them for their love. I could not have stood there and witness them kill Christ unless Christ Himself had enabled me to do so.

Even the Passion of the Christ I mostly "listened" to rather than watching them during the beating scene. It was just too much for me.

They didn't see the big picture and I bet if we are honest with ourselves, we don't either, even living today and having His Word so readily available to us. So much of it we don't get. But, one day, we will. Hallelujah! Glory to God in the highest!

2 Comments:

  • Claire, I'm always surprised by how shy you are. You just seem to be so on fire for God that I just can't see anything keeping you from speaking up! Oh my goodness...

    As for Addie...she's busy training her temp replacement for her leave of absence so she hasn't been around alot. For what it's worth, I miss her, too.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 12:46 PM  

  • yes, Im here... and Ive missed it as well

    By Blogger dangermama, at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home