Christian Chapter Chat

10.18.2006

Scattered

Reading is interesting. It's funny how you can be reading along, when one little thing just sorta jumps out and hits you. And oftentimes it doesn't have to be a super, profound thought - just something that, I believe, God wants you (me) to take notice of. (don't end a sentence with a preposition)

Anyway, today I'm reading along in this chapter and this is what hit me:

"Because when I look in the shadows beside them, I see myself: hiding from God like Adam and Eve, or slipping off to the field like Cain, or running into the night like Mark." Yep, that's me too often - running from God, although it's not so much because "my Savior let me down." Rather it's my own shame or my own fear or my own faithlessness. Thankfully God, in His grace, doesn't let me stray very far for very long.

Since God began me on this journey of His sovereignty two years ago, I believe I really do see the 'big picture' much more clearly than I did in the past. If we fail to get a grasp on the big picture, then I think hopelessness is a really good word to describe things. We look around us, and we see just how depraved this world is, and we think, "how can things BE this horrific?" "Why do these unspeakable things occur?" But if we really think about it, we can REST ASSURED that nothing - absolutely nothing - occurs outside of the will of God. Nothing exists that can usurp His divine authority. In that we can have hope. Though we don't understand how it all works together, we can know that it does work together - for His glory and for His renown.

Let us continue pressing into Him.

2 Comments:

  • I love how God does that. The part that really struck you was a part I barely remember reading. He's such a wonder how He knows exactly what we all need at the time we all need it.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 12:45 PM  

  • I love this 'take on it' as well! It's good to remember it is more than just my tiny corner of the world revolving to work together.

    By Blogger kpjara, at 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home