Christian Chapter Chat

10.27.2006

Joy

Joy

“If Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless, and you are still under condemnation for your sins.”

This reminds me that there are some who live in such ‘religious-ness’, with legalism clogging their pores, and clearly under condemnation…for them Christ is still in that tomb. Or worse yet, He never came to earth to begin with. I’ve been to churches and with people like this. It’s so defeating. How can they claim victory, if they aren’t walking in that truth?

“Easter is not an elders’ meeting; it’s an end zone dance.”

I LOVE this and I pray one day to see it this side of heaven. I pray we would celebrate without the somber face of Easter, but with the CELEBRATORY DANCE of the Resurrection!

Once again his poetry spoke to me.

I did think about his implied definition for the word “JOY”, being happy or ‘joyous’. When I think of these Scriptures and the word ‘joy’ specifically, I think of the meaning I was taught in a study: emotional stability. I suppose both would apply in this circumstance. To be frightened but still emotionally stable and oh so happy that Jesus arose from the dead! They weren’t crippled in fear, they knew whatever it/he was, it was ALL GOOD! Their souls weren’t vexed by this presence, even as some doubted after all they had learned and seen.

Another good one!

2 Comments:

  • Joy = emotional stability

    I have NEVER thought of it like that but wow! What a great thought!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 9:06 AM  

  • "They weren’t crippled in fear..." Great line! That is how we need to live too.

    And I really like the 'emotional stability' also. We are not tossed to and fro in the waves of life because we are 'anchored' solidly to Him who is able to keep us on a steady keel.

    Great thoughts!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home