Christian Chapter Chat

10.25.2006

Wonder

This is, by far, my favorite chapter! :) :) :) Though I'd change the title to "You Got That Right, Mr Author."

What James said bears repeating, with emphasis, and then said again:

"The gifts of the Master are these: freedom, life, hope, new direction, transformation and intimacy with God. If the cross was the end of the story, we would have no hope. But the cross isn't the end. Jesus didn't escape from death; He conquered it and opened the way to heaven for all who will dare to believe."

"Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about conferences, seminars, books and DVD's that will change my life. 'This (fill in the blank) will change your life! Attend this life-changing (fill in the blank) and you'll never be the same again! It'll be life-changing!' "

"A hernia will change your life. Swallowing two pounds of Ex-Lax will change your life. Getting bitten by a rabid dog will change your life. So will going bankrupt, joining a cult or getting a tapeworm. All of these things are very life-chainging."

"Change is not always a good thing. What I need isn't a change from one thing to another but transformation from who I am into who I was meant to become. Only when God's transforming power touches me can I begin to live the simpler, freer, fresher, more creative, more patient, more passionate, more sacrificial, riskier, rawer, more real, more love-driven life God intended for me to have all along."

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. ~Romans 12:2

To God be ALL glory, ALL honor, ALL credit and ALL praise for His transforming work in our hearts and lives.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home