Christian Chapter Chat

10.25.2006

Wonder

The first thing that struck me was in the passage from Luke 24: "Still they stood there doubting..."

I love how James takes that to the edge and shakes it up a bit in his exploration of what COULD have happened. I love that Jesus asked for something to eat. I LOVE how James words the paragraph about serving Jesus a banquet! That had me rolling and reminded me of many a HOLY prayer I've heard!

I was a bit 'bugged' that death (in his poem on page 178) had to be "she", but I suppose this is James book, so I'll 'give in' on it, LOL.

The next thing that struck me was in his discussion of change:

"What I need isn't change from one thing to another, but transformation from who I am into who I was meant to become. Only when God's transforming power touches me can I begin to live the simpler, freer, fresher, more creative, more patient, more passionate, more sacrificial, riskier, rawer, more real, more love-driven life God intended for me to have all along."

I thought about the times I felt the transformation in my own life and how it IS scary and a bit uncomfortable...at first.

The final poem of the chapter deeply touched me as well.

"questions tremble within me
like paper-thin leaves in the breeze.
but your story is stronger than my pain
and your truth is taking root in my soul.

at last my branches have
touched the edge of blueness,
easing from your caring eyes.

realization."

I don't know what else I could add but to say this poem is absolutely where I exist about 98% of my time on earth. I love that HIS story is stronger than MY pain. I love that truth can and does take root in my soul. I see that when I draw on my inner strength and find it there. It always surprises me a bit but also renews me.

I can actually visualize this poem in my own life and it meant so much to me to see it penned.

Really good chapter!

2 Comments:

  • Now see! That is why I love reading a book and seeing other people's perspectives. I almost totally went past that poem and now I see it in a whole new way!

    Great post!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:53 AM  

  • I was really bugged about death being a 'she' also! :)

    I'm with you too, on this being a great chapter.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home