Christian Chapter Chat

11.03.2006

Evermore

I have read so much about the "bride of Christ" and I wonder...are we ready? At first glance it appears we are...we LOOK ready...but as I have gone deeper and deeper in the places God has sent me...I don't think we are ready. I suppose that makes sense and coincides with the truth that the bride continues to wait...and needs to prepare.

I actually thought this chapter was a bit anticlimactic and more 'charming' than closing...and then as I read the final paragraphs it dawned on me...he did it on purpose. The story is unfinished. OUR story is unfinished.

As I read the one sentence that really STOOD out to me I actually misread, but the misreading is what spoke so here it is...

"You're more beautiful than I'd ever imagined..."

I read:

You're more than I'd ever imagined.

Which actually got me thinking about my own realization that God and Jesus are more than I'll ever imagine. That "more" is what is placed in me and what I want to strive for and thrive in!

I of course loved the poem at the end...I love the 'union' at the very end.

Thanks Jules for selecting this book and for sticking with us through the whole thing. This was a wonderful experience and I will reread this book with great memories and new insight into the whole thing.

With Gratitude and prayers,
Kim

3 Comments:

  • Kim, I'm so glad you liked the book. I thought it was a very unusual way to look at the story of Christ and, although not always scripturally correct, it brought new insights into my life that I am not sure I would have seen on my own.

    I am always so excited when someone 'misreads' something - I think of that as the Holy Spirit showing us something we personally needed to see. I've heard this happen over and over again with people who are reading the Bible and then go back to find a favorite phrase and realize it was never there in the first place. This seems to be one of those times, too, where He wanted you to see something no one else would see so He moved a few words around so you'd find the meaning none of us would come to know.

    I wonder if He was counting on you to share it with us over the Internet??? :-)

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:08 AM  

  • It would certainly seem that He wanted me to share...

    By Blogger kpjara, at 9:24 AM  

  • Kim, I like what you misread!

    This book was a stretch for me but I, too, am glad I read it. God always uses both positives and negatives in growing us.

    And, I really liked getting to know you better, Kim. :)

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home