Christian Chapter Chat

11.01.2006

Peace

"Why isn't there peace on earth?"

A question that resonates daily with me...a person who finds it SO hard to reconcile killing people to resolve conflict. I thank GOD for our military, yet I wince and cry within that it takes an organized multi-billion dollar defense to live in freedom.

Peace seems so usurped by man/woman.

I loved James' paragraph about "fighting God". Specifically when it dawns on him and us...

"Realizing how deeply rooted your war with God is can shake you up. I'm still reeling from that discovery."

I would also resonate that our definition of peace is all messed up. While I see that we will never create heaven on earth...shouldn't we at least try? Shouldn't we TRY to make sense of God's peace and live it. We will also never truly live in His love...but we try to daily!

I think James made some powerful and poignant statements in this chapter...and I'm still soaking it all in. And again his poem at the end touched me deeply. I definitely need to be made an 'ember again' in my rebirth!

4 Comments:

  • Hi Kim, I think it helps to remember that our war is not truly against flesh and blood but a spiritual battle first and foremost. All through history, God has worked through (despite) wars to call people to Him and I believe His hand is in the horrible situations we face today.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 8:29 AM  

  • Good point, Andrea. And, yes, Kim, we should live, as Christian, as peaceably as we can. However, until the unsaved are gone (the millinneum kingdom) we won't see peace. But we will have done our part anyway, which is all we can do.

    Even today, after being a Christian for 34 yrs (well, shy of that by 5 days) I still cringe when I am at war with God. It isn't how I want to be but I crave something so bad. How can that be when I believe that I crave God with every fiber of my being? Oh that enemy is so sly...

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 1:23 PM  

  • Somehow I just don't imagine Jesus would have wanted the bloodshed....after all His was enough.

    By Blogger kpjara, at 3:45 PM  

  • Yup...it gets to me, too. We need billions of dollars and Ghandi needed a handful of faithful people. Go figure.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home