Christian Chapter Chat

10.31.2006

Dawn - Wonder

DAWN
The thing I really liked about this chapter was the point made about the fact that there are differences in the narratives of the Gospel writers. And like eyewitnesses in any situation each one of them highlights something different. And for once I enjoyed James' humour when he gives an almost Monty Python type script of how the disciples could have got together to decide on their story. But this story is real and the people involved in it are real and Christ really did rise from the dead! No one stole the body; if Jesus was really dead and the body was hidden and disposed of - as some writers suggest - by His followers, what did it do for them? They were persecuted; stoned to death and imprisoned. So if they knew He was 'dead' it would have been easier to admit that and stop the persecution and go back to their normal lives! But they knew He was alive and that first Sunday was the beginning of their new life in Christ!

WONDER
Not to sure about the style of humour in this chapter - but I guess that's just me.

But I agree with James when he states that he is tired of hearing about life changing conferences and books and DVDs. I need to choose to allow Jesus to change my life - that is the only life changing I need - the transforming power of a God who loves me and wants me to have the best possible life that I can have whilst still on this earth!

And I just love the way James finishes this chapter: "Nothing was as it seemed, but actually, everything was getting back to how it was supposed to be all along.". Now that is wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home