Christian Chapter Chat

10.30.2006

Scars

It's funny how once you make the change from "Doubting Thomas" to "faithful believer" you think nothing will ever scar you again. God can heal it all...and will. But with each new scar you realize He can heal but He can't (won't?) keep you from being scarred again.

So when I read this in the poem from today's chapter it touched me pretty deeply - especially since I just finished a long weekend in the presence of my mother who has a propensity for leaving behind new scars in her wake.

but the deepest scars didn't come from the nails,
and because of that
the healing you offer isn't just skin deep,
you can heal me all the way down to the bone.
down to the heart.

I could use some of that this morning as I re-enter the part of my world where I am a confident, Christ-following woman and as I shed the skin, once again, of the girl who is constantly wounded by her mother.

Heal me to the bone, Jesus. Heal me to the heart.

2 Comments:

  • ((((HUGS)))) Jules! I'm praying for you today.

    I will try to post later. I'm leaving for Hill AFB right now. Lots to do.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 9:39 AM  

  • That really touched me. I love what you've pulled from this chapter.

    I'll post mine by lunchtime.

    By Blogger kpjara, at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home