Christian Chapter Chat

5.12.2006

An Instructive Moment about Faithfulness (Luke 19:11-27)

This was a pretty straight forward story for me. Probably because I have not had any time to really ponder and dig into it. My mom is improving and she keeps trying to reconstruct her "missed" days. It must be a wonderful exercise for her mind because she is beginning to remember bits and pieces of her "lost" days. Thank you so much for your prayers. We have appreciated them so much.

Now, back to this story. I've heard several different sermons on this section before but I have not taken the time to look up any of my sermon notes taken for this one. Not enough time and I probably wouldn't be able to read my own handwriting now! Lol!

Anyway, I know I do not want to be the one who does nothing with what the Lord has given me. Obviously, I won't be since I am secure in my salvation while this person was not a believer. I see the servant who did nothing, not even bank it for the interest it could have earned, really did not expect the king to return. He did expect him to return so why should he really take care of any of the king's business?

By this servant being thrown out (see Matthew 25:30) of the kingdom indicates to me that this servant really belonged to the group of people who did not want the king to rule over them. It is clear that Jesus was going away to receive His kingship and when He returned He would establish His kingdom. Until He returns I need to be about His business...the things He desires for me to accomplish before His return. It makes me think of the verse, Ephesians 2:10 "For we are His workmanship [poema--meaning His masterpiece], created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Since I am a follower of Christ I need to fulfill my responsibilities, just as the disciples were given responsibilities from Christ. On His return He will reward the faithful. But here is another place where Christ makes it clear that His enemies would be judged before Him.

I did like the poem which Gire ended with in the prayer. For it truly is without Him I can do nothing!!!

4 Comments:

  • so wonderful to hear about your mom - hope she keeps improving

    Im glad you didnt get to use all your notes this time b/c it sounds more personal this time (not that its not you all the time, this time it sounded like your personality came out more)...

    I love the verse you included, so fitting.... :)

    By Blogger dangermama, at 9:36 AM  

  • Oh, Addie, thank you. I haven't used any of my "sermon" notes before, either. But I do dig into God's Word...:)

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 10:45 AM  

  • I agree with Addie. I love all the instruction and additional information you give these stories but this one did have a different "feel" to it. Makes no difference to me - I love ya either way!

    And boy, am I glad to hear Nana keeps getting better. What great and awesome news!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 12:42 PM  

  • And I was just going to say "Aha! You've been using sermon notes!" Good thing I read all the comments first.
    Your words: Until He returns I need to be about His business...the things He desires for me to accomplish before His return. I couldn't agree with more.

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home