Christian Chapter Chat

5.08.2006

An Incredible Moment with a Blind Man

At first, I read through this Chapter and thought, "What?" Really, I couldn't have been more bored. Nothing about it grabbed me. Nothing made me stop and think. I just thought to myself, "Well, that was kind of a waste of time..."

But then on Sunday I woke up and something occurred to me. This blind man was healed because he stood up and screamed to be heard. He went and did whatever he had to to get Jesus to see him and to be healed by him. This blind man didn't care that others were in his way or that they were all "shushing" him. He wanted to be seen by Jesus and nothing was going to stop him.

This is what faith is...Taking personal responsibility for your life and doing whatever it takes to make your way to God. If you spend your whole like waiting for God to pick you out of a crowd and ask you what you want, you will probably be waiting a very long time. He wants you to come to HIM. He wants you to express your heart's desire. He wants to know that this isn't something you will easily cast away - He wants it to be something you seek after so it will have meaning for you.

So, the chapter I originally thought was just plain boring really did have an effect on me. And, oddly enough, I used this example when I met with my new mentee, Patti, last night. There's another godincidence for ya...

4 Comments:

  • I love how you thought this was nothing.... and then God says "oh yeah, you want to see something, Ill show you something" - he he....

    By Blogger dangermama, at 12:28 PM  

  • Yeah, add that to the stack of holy 2 x 4's with my head print on them. LOL

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 12:36 PM  

  • I love it, Jules, how we meditate on Scripture and the Holy Spirit opens our eyes! Yea! You aren't "blind" anymore either! ;D

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 1:51 PM  

  • Two-by-fours are pretty much all the Holy Spirit uses on me. (She knows me only too well...)

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home