Christian Chapter Chat

5.08.2006

Incredible Moment with a Blind Man

"In the twinkling of an eye" was Gire aware of his play on words I wonder? This is a story of a blind man receiving his sight. Twinkling eye... get it?

Life can change that fast. This we know intellectually, of course, but on a cell level... we forget. Until it changes that fast. I've just lived through five days of "eye twinkling" episodes and frankly, I'm exhausted. Yes, I am blessed, and I'm praising God, just like the blind man. And I'm more committed to following Christ down the road, just like the blind man. But I need some rest. Over the next few days the road will take me to a day-long facilitated meeting with my sisters, two funerals and a full moon fireside. I have much on my mind and heart.

4 Comments:

  • CJ, it does sound like you need some rest... Ill keep you lifted up in prayer....

    By Blogger dangermama, at 12:27 PM  

  • CJ, I will be praying for you this week. Are the sisters you are meeting with your biological sisters or are they part of your Order? Is one of the funerals your friend who has been in the hospital?

    May He strengthen and sustain you over this week, covering you with His grace and mercy, so you are able to endure the path set before you. In His Son's Name, Jesus, I pray. Aman.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 1:54 PM  

  • Yes, the friend with cancer died first. His funeral is Thursday. The Holy Cross prior (Their monestary is near us) died next... unexpected heart attack. His funeral is Wednesday. The meeting is all the sisters in the community. That's tomorrow. My blog has more info... and probably will continue to focus on death and pain and Christ for a while. Thank you all for your support. Claire... so glad to hear your mom's condition has improved.

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 3:49 PM  

  • Thank you, CJ. Ladies, continue to pray for her. The change in personality is VERY nice, very welcomed however, it's kind of difficult seeing your Mother, of all people, act so child like. She's not throwing tantrums...not like that kind of childishness, but just, a sweet childlike attitude and so agreeable to ANYTHING I suggest! So unbelievable!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home