Christian Chapter Chat

5.22.2006

An Insightful Moment at the Temple Courtyard

Okay, THIS chapter I really liked and I'll tell you why. I had no idea that the courtyard of the temple was for Gentiles to come and hear the word of God. I didn't think the Gentiles came into the picture until after the Jews rejected Jesus's ministry (after his ascention.) Somehow I missed all this. I mean, I know Jesus was trying to reach out to those who didn't know about God but I guess I always assumed they were Jews he was reaching out to. Man, am I messed up or what? LOL

Surprisingly, the thing I didn't like about the chapter was the prayer at the end. I don't care less about the things the Father cares about now - I care MORE. Guess I didn't get the memo that once I get over 40 I'm supposed to quit wanting to protest war and stamp out world hunger and sign petitions to end poverty. But, also, I care more about the ways of the Father because I care less and less about the ways of the world. I used to be all about "fitting in with the world" and then became "trying to live in both places at once" but these days, I find myself more and more thinking, "You know what? I don't care what society says. That is just WRONG in the eyes of God."

Good for me. Means I'm finally teachable. :-)

2 Comments:

  • I never knew that signing petitions could end poverty. I think you're making that up. (I just keep handing out the canned food, one bag, one family at a time.)... :)

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 8:45 AM  

  • Okay, I deserved that...

    But I still believe signing the ONE campaign petitions that go to the congress have made a difference, too.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home