Christian Chapter Chat

4.07.2006

An Instructive Moment about Watchfulness (Luke 12:35-40)

To be watchful, waiting, alert to His coming. Prepared, not caught unaware. I tend to be task oriented. What I'm doing is what I'm focused on. Over the years I've tried to maintain that perspective but also widen my view so I am not so 'driven'.

I honestly think I do realize that any moment I, or someone I know and love, could be taken at any moment. Periodically it gets reinforced, like with Gayla and her mother. One reason I am so passionate about reading my Bible is that I want to know as much as is possible about my Lord when I get to heaven. Will I know everything? Heavens no! Will there be more to learn? Oh yes, and an eternity to continue learning about Him.

Gire states, "...the quiet, unpretentious work of a common household servant." That's what I do all day. Sometimes I feel like what's the point? No one notices. But I'm not (or at least should not be) doing these daily repetitive tasks for recognition from people. I'm doing them because of Him and what He is calling me to do. If I'm obedient in the small things then I pray I'll be obedient in the large things He calls me to do.

As for the banquet...I am so looking forward to sitting down with each of you at His table and partaking together. Won't that be one unforgettable feast?

3 Comments:

  • Well it will definitely be an interesting feast... I'm having the lobster, what are you having?

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 12:54 PM  

  • that will be something.... personally, I would like to try some manna to see what that was like, but as long as Jesus is there, I dont think it will matter what we eat... :)

    By Blogger dangermama, at 1:10 PM  

  • CJ, I'll gladly let you have the lobster! My hubby loves lobster!

    I'm with you, Addie. I wonder if I'll be hungry at all! It will be wonderful to not have to worry about weight! That's a postive in my book! :)

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home