Christian Chapter Chat

4.07.2006

OH MY, OH MY, OH MY!!!

Because I need to explain why I won't be posting or really even commenting today, you all are the first ones to know...

I was on email/phone with my Pastor last night and after a few very long discussions, he has agreed to let Shannon BAPTISE me today when I go for our mentoring session at 2 pm.

This is a very rare thing that they are letting me do but, because of the discussion I had with Pastor Rick, he's sure (as I am) that God has been calling me to do this all through Lent and now that I am approaching both Holy Week and the taking of my next set of heart tests, he has agreed to let me do this today.

The church usually only performs baptisms in August and they do it at the nearby lake (they are big on total immersion for some reason) but because of my heart condition and my insistance that this is what God has been telling me to do, they are making an exception.

I'll blog more about this tonight when I have time over at FOF and I'll read this chapter and get it posted some time this weekend. But this morning, I can't even concentrate on anything - I am so overwhelmed with happiness.

Thank you all for your love and friendship. If you happen to look up at the clock around 2 pm Central time, say a prayer for me!

Love to you all,
Julie

4 Comments:

  • oh, Jules, I immediately had tears well up in my eyes - I am so excited for you, I dont even have words.... know that we love you

    By Blogger dangermama, at 11:15 AM  

  • You know how I feel! :)

    Our church does it in a lake, too!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 12:22 PM  

  • Our church does it at the Easter vigil (throwback to the early Christian practice) and at other times when they have several. It's a public commitment by both the one receiving baptism and the congregation present... essentially we promise to give them all the help they need in their walk with Christ. We sprinkle, not dunk. (Is that like shaken, not stirred?) and the forhead is marked with the sign of the cross in holy oil, same place as the ashes on Ash Wednesday.

    I'll be thinking of you Jules.... but I think you are already marked as Christ's own. This is a formality.

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 12:52 PM  

  • Amen, CJ! I'll just agree 100% with what you just said...She is His own already! Wonderful!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home