Christian Chapter Chat

3.20.2006

Incredible Moment on the Water

Gire's definition of faith is what captured me in this chapter: for what more is faith than stepping out in obedience to Jesus and looking to him to sustain our steps, even when the path of obedience takes us over uncertain and untamed waters. In my own life I can point to many more examples than a wrecked marriage, which Gire's prayer zeros on... but that is a good one. For me, the bad marriage was the not so safe, but certainly familiar harbor, the open sea was what lay beyond that marriage... definitely uncertain and untamed waters.

1 Comments:

  • I know what you mean, CJ. I got to the prayer and had so many couples that could fit in those two slots that I had to say the prayer a couple of different times. Now how sad it that?

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home