Christian Chapter Chat

3.21.2006

An Incredible Moment on the Water

*again, rough version from me - I havent read this in Gire's book, but once a long time ago, I will probably read it tonight, but I didnt want this to be another post out of order, so I may add to this post later on*

I love this story, mostly because I love Peter... but this is the first time Jesus calls Peter "ye of little faith".... I have always heard this refered to as a term of rebuking, except for once - a friend and I were discussing this story and he asked me to think outside the box... what if instead of rebuking, this is Jesus' way of encouraging Peter, and I am totally sold on that way of thinking now....

Jesus said that all it takes is a little faith, a mustard seed amount.... He saw this in Peter, and He encouraged him to use it.... Ye of little faith, why do YOU doubt Me? (You have the faith, use it)... and lets remember that Peter was the only one who stepped out of the boat

Just wanted to point that out...

3 Comments:

  • Well, that is thinking outside the box, isn't it? I've never thought of it that way, either...hmmmm....

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 12:17 AM  

  • I like that thought, Addie. Very cool!

    So glad you're back. : )

    Feel free to blog away about the new house here!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 7:52 AM  

  • I like it too. (Being one of those of little faith) And you're right. Peter had the guts to jump overboard, nobody else did.

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home