Christian Chapter Chat

3.21.2006

An Incredible Moment with the Five Thousand

*sorry, this is going to be a bit rougher than normal b/c I dont have my book here with me and I read this a couple of days ago, bear with me*

For the first time that Ive ever read this story, something totally new jumped out to me - how similar this whole story/situation was to the temptation of Christ in the wilderness....

first, you have Christ going off onto a high mountain to just get away from everything, to pray and spend time with His Father.... then you have the people never letting Him alone, never a free second - tell me YOU wouldnt think about throwing yourself off and letting the angels catch you, I can just imagine Jesus being so frustrated with these people - always wanting something, but never really getting what He came for

Then, the disciples ask about food for all these people, and Jesus tests the disciples, and I really wanted to hear one of them say "why dont you just turn these stones to bread" like Satan did, but they dont have that much faith... I wonder if they had said that, what would He have done?

And then after He feeds them, the people want to make Him king, which He turns down again, like He did with Satan....

now, here is the funny part, He tells the people that He is the Messiah, but they want Him to do a sign to prove it.... ummm, didnt they just want to make Him king, didnt they just see Him feed 5000 men? it seems like an odd request to me....

2 Comments:

  • I can't believe you saw that correlation between when Jesus was in the desert and here. That is really awesome.

    And your last paragraph is what used to hang me up about why I didn't believe the story of Jesus' life and death. They saw him do these things - how could they not believe? I figured the whole thing had to just be made up that these people would not see him for who he was.

    I was as messed up as they all were!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 7:54 AM  

  • ah, Jules, you make me smile

    By Blogger dangermama, at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home