Christian Chapter Chat

2.08.2006

An Intense Moment at the Temple (John 2:13-21)

I was really convicted by this chapter when I equated the temple of God (the building) with my body now being the temple of God. What all do I allow in to corrupt the temple where my God resides? Christ was insulted with the acts that took place within the temple and He did not deal with them half heartedly. How often do I just give myself a half hearted slap on the wrist? Or worse, tell myself that I will deal with 'that sin' at a more convenient time?

This is something that needs to be dealt with every single day...the laying down of one's will. Back in March of 1998 I was convicted yet again of giving myself totally to the Lord. Allowing Him to come in and 'clean' house, my temple.

My prayer then is written below and it continues to be my prayer today....

Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept Thy will for my life. I give myself, my time, my all, utterly to You to be Yours forever. Fill me and seal me with Your Holy Spirit. Use me as You would, send me where You will, work out Your whole will in my life at any cost, now and forever. In Christ's precious Name I pray, Amen.

May it never be for me that the "good life becomes more important than a good heart!"

2 Comments:

  • Claire, how amazing that you got that from the story, I never would have gotten that (even though it rings true for me).... Im so glad that we are all sharing b/c it really does show a broader spectrum of God...

    By Blogger dangermama, at 11:32 AM  

  • I'm pretty amazed, too! What a unique way to look at this chapter.

    Love the prayer, BTW.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home