Christian Chapter Chat

2.07.2006

An Incredible Moment at a Wedding

I wasnt going to post b/c I pretty much would echo everyone else, so I didnt see a need, but I kept mulling things over in my head, and this story is really cool in the fact that Christ calls himself our bridegroom and he talks about putting new wine into old skins and such in Matthew 9

Matthew 9:15-17 "And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast. No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse. Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

also, Im under the impression that this wasnt a very public miracle, like only the servants and the company of Jesus knew what was going on, while all the others in the room enjoyed his blessing without even knowing it was from Him.... this makes me think of the world - His followers know whats going on, while the rest of the world is enjoying His blessings, but has no idea that its Him thats blessing them... I wonder if the disciples at that time wanted to make sure he got credit for that or just took it all in? And was it a "private miracle" b/c it wasnt yet His time?

just my thoughts

1 Comments:

  • "this makes me think of the world - His followers know whats going on, while the rest of the world is enjoying His blessings, but has no idea that its Him thats blessing them..."

    Great observation, Addie. Really. I never would have put that together.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home