Christian Chapter Chat

2.22.2006

An Incredible Moment with a Leper

I disagree with Gire on one thing – I don’t think there was a crowd around Jesus when the leper came to him… the Scriptures just don’t come across that way to me…. if so many people had seen Him heal the leper then why would He bother telling the leper not to tell anyone – this was a pretty big miracle

I also think Jesus must have known how the leper felt – Jesus also had a ministry of sorrow…. How many people followed Him just b/c of the miracles and not because of Him as a person… how many times did He have to show signs to people for them to believe – even His disciples…. I don’t know, I I just think Jesus knew the loneliness this leper felt… and I think that’s why He touched him – he didn’t have to – the leper didn’t ask Him too – how much healing did that gesture alone bring to the leper?

I did find it interesting though that the leper and Jesus seemed to switch places after he was healed… it was now Jesus who could no longer go into the city and the leper who was proclaiming the Son of God all over town

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home