Christian Chapter Chat

2.17.2006

An Insightful Moment at Nazareth

I didnt really get anything new out of this lesson, but once again, I relate very much to this story (I think I see a pattern to how I write developing)

This story always brings back to memory how and why we left our last church - my hometown church. The church I grew up at. Its a beautiful small white country church. But its over-run with my family. And they refused to see me in any other role than "Sunday School kid." Didn't matter that I was 24 - I would never be good enough. And neither was Daniel - yeah, he was ok to do a job when no one else wanted it, but if someone else did, then he was to cease immediately and let the other person take over - just because they were older, not because they had more experience.


We thought about staying and trying to work from the inside out, but this is not what God wanted. So an ugly incident happened and we were forced out. For the first time, we had to venture out on our own, trusting only in God.

And Im so glad it happened because the church we are at now has been used so much and is always growing and pushing each other to be better.... for the first time in my life, I didnt have the bondage of apathy holding me back...

3 Comments:

  • Addie, it is hard to change people's perspectives of you once you are married. I'm glad you and Daniel were able to recognize you all needed to move on.

    I missed our church home too, after we moved. But, the whole time it was Monte and Ileen's daughter and her husband...or that's Claire's husband..so I understand what you have experienced.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 6:43 PM  

  • I've found sometimes you're able to shine in new settings, even though it is still the old you. The new them just have no history with you, so are willing to take you at face value. It has always led to growth in my own history... sounds like that's true in yours as well.

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 7:28 PM  

  • What a great testiment to the fact that, what seems unbearable to us at the time, is often God pushing us to go find something better that he has awaiting us. Learning to trust him when we go through these rocky times and to know that he'll find a way to make it all okay again can certainly take a small amount of the "edge" off these situations if we keep in mind that we don't always see the whole picture.

    Great personal insight, Addie.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home