Christian Chapter Chat

1.22.2006

An Intimate Moment with Mary & Joseph

My day at work Monday is going to be chaotic so I'm posting a bit early...

***************

"And hands that once sculpted mountain ranges cling to her finger."

This is the line that did me in all day. I keep thinking about how many times in my life I’ve had to start over again, practically from scratch, to begin something new and how it can exciting but also frustrating! It’s one thing to commit to taking a cut in pay to try a new job avenue but totally another to have yourself reduced to the size and intellect of a newborn baby.

I think in the short time that I’ve been reading and studying about Jesus, it has always been his death that has transfixed me. That He would come down from His thrown in heaven to endure what He did so that I could one day join Him – it’s always overwhelmed me. But now, looking at it from this angle, it seems to be even more of a stretch to my mind that He would endure this human life for all of us.


He gave up everything for us and He did it not once, but twice - at the beginning of His life as well as at the end. And He did it knowing that even with these sacrifices, He still wouldn’t be able to save us all.

It’s just amazing how He loves us…

2 Comments:

  • It IS unfathomable to think of His hand being tiny, grasping at Mary's. This same hand which would one day touch a blind man's eye and cause him to see, this hand which would one day break bread with his disciples...

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 11:40 AM  

  • it is hard to understand what Christ did knowing that some would still reject... but Im so glad He did what He did

    By Blogger dangermama, at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home