Christian Chapter Chat

1.19.2006

An Insightful Moment with Mary

Well I grew up Catholic and in my family Mary was a focal point. Mary was revered and yet I never really understood her. Why was she so important? Confused and uncertain. Like Jules, it was after our pastor spoke on Praying Great Prayers and focused on Mary's prayer that I began to see her as a person.

I saw her fully that night. Realizing that she wasn't just a statue. She was a woman who feared, loved and served our God. She surrenders her life to Him. There are no guarantees that she won't face ridicule, the possible end of her engagement, and possibly even death.

She lays her life at His feet and accepts the will of God.

This made me think of the Princess Bride and the famous line, "As you wish"

That's what I want my life to be like. To be still within my heart, to trust and know God with all that I am. To be able to say to Him, "As you wish, let it be done to me as you say."

How I wish I could say that all of me and all of my life was surrendered like that. But there are still many places in me that fight for their own way. I am still very much a work in progress longing for the day when my heart is fully transformed into the image of my blessed and most amazing Savior Jesus Christ.

For now, I can feel at peace that I can have some Mary moments when my heart is surrendered to God's will and to keep up the good fight against those pieces of me that want to dwell in the dark.

Journeying on to a heart fully His
Amen, eh?

3 Comments:

  • Aren't we all still a work in progress? Won't it be wonderful when we are complete and at Home?:P

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 9:35 PM  

  • Does anyone ever what the feeling and intensity of joy will be like when we get to heaven and realize we have finally made our way past sin and can really give ourselves over to Him with our whole heart? That we will live with all the chafe off the wheat, just a big, shiny kernal buffed down to its purest form?

    It. Blows. My. Mind.

    Look, Shannon. You're not only a blogger, now, but a writer, too. Welcome to the club, girl. : )

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 5:07 AM  

  • I am definetly on that journey with you

    good thought, Jules, oftentimes I dont think of heaven in those terms but thats really good

    By Blogger dangermama, at 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home