Christian Chapter Chat

1.16.2006

Chapter One: Under the Tree

What a beautiful way to start this series!

I always knew that Jesus came from such strong, wonderful, God-fearing people as Abraham and King David, but never before realized all the imperfection and sin that formed some of the other branches of His family. It made me look at my own family tree and realize all families have branches in need of pruning, branches that grow in less than perfect locations or even ones that choke the life out of the other branches around them. No one comes from a "perfect" family - including Jesus Christ.

I think my favorite line in this first chapter was, "That God's purposes are not thwarted by our humanity, however weak and wayward it may be." I envision Him as a master chess player, able to counter any move a man might make and then make something good come out of it. Because of that, every life has reason; every life has purpose.

1 Comments:

  • this was a good thought - even though its about family, I never applied it to my own, until I read your post this morning...

    By Blogger dangermama, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home