Christian Chapter Chat

1.14.2006

The Countdown Begins!

The book club is growing! We're one day away from starting the book, "Moments with the Savior" by Ken Gire and so far we have the following people who are taking the plunge with us:

Addie is the one who first got me thinking about a book club. I mentioned wanting to read this book while my pastor does a five-week series on Jesus Christ and she said, "I loved that book. I would love to read it again. Let's read it together!" Hence, the idea for the book club was born. Addie's main blog is "Diary of a Gwenabee" and she is married with one young son, Gabe. She and her husband, Daniel, work with the youth in their church. Addie and family live in Crawford, Mississippi.

Claire, better known to bloggers as "Pilotmom" comes to us from her blog, "Claire Bug". She lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband, Jim, and her mom (who we all refer to as "Nana".) She has one son, James, who just recently graduated from "pilot school" and is now flying with the other big, bad boys in the U.S. Air Force.

Next to join was one of my new favorite bloggers, Sr. Claire Joy, who blogs over at "Flavor of the Month." She's a real live nun (!) and I think this is going to add a wonderful color to things as we go along. Claire Joy lives in a monastery in Brewster, New York.

After a nice lunch and a little arm twisting came Shannon, a.k.a. "Starbuck's Junkie." Shannon, as some of you might remember, was recently my church mentor; now she's become my friend. Shannon lives about a five-minute drive from me in Kansas City, Missouri and is an Associate Pastor at our inter-denominational church, North Heartland Community Church. Shannon is happily married to Price, and they have two beautiful children, Stephen (8) and Maya (2). Oh, and Shannon has a pug named Elly.

As for me, you can find me over at my blog, "Faith or Fiction? " where I have been blogging since this past May. I am a 45-year-old single woman who shares her home with a spunky little pug named Gracie. I 'found' God again this past March (okay, who moved him this time???) and now I attend church at North Hearland, where I first met Shannon.

I'm not sure what everyone's religious denominations are so I'll let them throw that knowledge into the pot when we start boiling the soup here next week but I think we're in for as diverse a group from a Christian standpoint as we are from a geographical one! If anyone else wants to pony up and jump on the bandwagon, email me at faithorfiction@att.net and I'll send you an invitation to join the book club blog. Otherwise, anyone is welcome to comment on our comments in this blog's comment section. (Sorry, that was too much fun...I couldn't resist!)

After this book is read, digested, tossed about, and rehashed, we'll pick a new one. If you'd like to join in at that time, you know where to find me! We'd LOVE to have you become a part of all this. Our intent is to see the book from each person's eyes - through their thoughts, their life experiences and their religious beliefs in order to expand and grow our understanding of who Jesus Christ is/was/and will always be. Feel free to stop by again on Monday, January 16th when we'll begin discussing the first chapter of Ken Gire's book, "Moments wiht the Savior."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home