Christian Chapter Chat

1.17.2006

A Couple of things...

Looks like a few of our members are still looking for books so we won't be sitting with a full house for awhile, so we'll take it slow for the first week or so.

How about we plan on reading the second chapter in the book on Wednesday and begin posting our thoughts for that chapter on Thursday? Remember, the goal is to let the chapter sink in and see if it brings up anything extra beyond what your first impression is. I already think its amazing that four of us have posted and found four different things to focus on. It's like getting four books for the price of one!!!

Also joining our group will be another member from my church, Francine. She's just going to post as a commenter though, so keep your eyes open for her. She's the artistic/program director at North Heartland so she should add another interesting perspective!

Don't forget to go back and read comments below each post, too. There's lots of good chat going on below each post. Rule of thumb...if you can say it in a paragraph, comment it. If you find yourself writing a novel...make it a new post!

Addie also had a good idea for each of us to choose a color and post in that color so we can easily tell who's posts we're reading. She's using green and I've decided to try a lovely shade of blue. Not a mandatory thing, but might make it easier in the long run.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far! It's not too late to round some of your friends up to join in. And, of course, men are always welcome, too!

9 Comments:

  • good thoughts, Jules... I look forward to Thursday

    By Blogger dangermama, at 2:44 PM  

  • Will you let me still be black? I'm on a mac and my toolbar doesn't have colors. I'd have to figure out an html code,,, dangerous!

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 6:23 AM  

  • Sure you can be in black. That IS kind of one of your favorite colors, isn't it? ; )

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 7:32 AM  

  • ha - Jules, that was funny

    I didnt realize having a Mac changed what was on the webpage... or maybe you are like me and dont realize that the text color can be changed on the box right above where you post - it took me forever to figure this out... but click on the "compose" tab that's next to the "edit html" tab above where you post, and then it should give you a "text color" icon to use

    but then again, still feel free to use black, no problems with me, I just wanted you to have the info in case you didnt know b/c I was grateful when someone explained it to me once

    :)

    By Blogger dangermama, at 8:21 AM  

  • I'll do a different shade of green from Addie (if that's okay).

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 4:38 PM  

  • My toolbar (using Safari as my web browser) has two (count them… only two items available for my posts: upload a photo and spellcheck. I even have to use html code to get italics. If I weren't a nun I'd say it sucks big time. But then I can't say that, right? So I'll just say "It makes life difficult." :(

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 8:04 PM  

  • CJ: ROTFL You're the Whoopie Goldberg of your convent, aren't you? C'mon...you can tell us!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:43 PM  

  • At least you know html and, it seems, you have an extensive vocabulary! Lol! ;)

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 10:12 PM  

  • I'm not even going to mention how many times i have to be told that "nuns don't swear."

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home