Christian Chapter Chat

9.27.2006

Vagabonds

Oh to be a true vagabond!

I find this chapter so challenging! I struggle with being more than an admirer! I drag the net of my life around with me and still try to accept what Jesus has done for me and given me.

But of course, as Steven says, "you can't follow Jesus while your dragging your old life behind you.". And that is what I do on a daily basis! That for me is the bottom line of this chapter - I need to shake off the old life completely - I need to let go of the net! Oh that I would be a true follower of Jesus.

My pastor has been bringing messages from Mark these past few weeks and God is challenging us to "only believe". We need to accept all that Jesus has given us and throw off all that the world would have us take on to ourselves which only corrupts and deceives.


ps: a personal note: these past few weeks have been difficult for me, mainly because of myself. In the last few days I have found myself feeling disconnected - that's the only word I can use to describe how I feel.

However I have made a decision this morning about my job situation and I will be posting on my blog about it this weekend. I covet your prayers for my wellbeing and I hope that I can continue to contribute here on a regular basis. Thank you for patience with me.

5 Comments:

  • "I drag the net of my life around with me and still try to accept what Jesus has done for me and given me."

    I LOVE this line! And I immediately thought to myself "How can we possibly carry our cross if we're busy lugging around our net?"

    Great insight, Dave! And I will certainly remember you in my prayers.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:39 AM  

  • I'm a net dragger too! I'll pray.

    By Blogger kpjara, at 9:43 AM  

  • Dave, I think we are ALL net draggers on a pretty consistent basis even though we don't want to be! Praise the Lord He gives us the power to throw off those hindrances and move forward with total abandement and freedom through His Holy Spirit.

    I'm continuing to pray. Your blog will be checked for your new posting! :)

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 10:55 AM  

  • Hi Dave - I'll be praying for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:09 AM  

  • praying for you as well

    By Blogger dangermama, at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home