Christian Chapter Chat

9.20.2006

Mystery

"Jesus, the real Jesus, is earthshaking. He will both calm your soul and send a tidal wave of truth crashing through your spirit. As soon as you try to figure him out or wrap your mind around Him, you'll get lost in the mystery of this man."

When I was on vacation this past summer I took a book with me called, "Jesus, the Man I Hardly Knew" by Phillip Yancey. That book opened my mind to the man we call Jesus. I learned about the kind of person he was and grew to better understand his mission and his ministry. It tugged at my heart many times and I began to realize just how much I didn't know about this man we call our Lord and Savior. Sometimes it surprises me that we know anything at all. I mean, look around...there's only a handful of information about people that lived in that time compared to what we know about people now days.

But even after all that, I still saw him as only a two-dimensional person. He's still only as well known to me as someone like Oprah or David Letterman. Yes, I know OF them but do I really KNOW them? Really?

I continue to strive towards this goal of knowing deep in my heart who this man was. There are little things that make a person become something more to us than just another face and these are the things that I want to discover about him. I'll continue my search for the man, Jesus, that was here on earth for the rest of my life but I do realize that he'll remain a mystery to me until I am actually with him one day when he calls me home. Then, and only then, will all my questions will all be answered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home