Christian Chapter Chat

9.15.2006

Light


This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine!
How many times did you sing that song when you were little? If you grew up in the type of church I did, you knew it before you memorized John 3:16.

But did you really know what the "light" was?

I didn't. I always thought of it as a candle someone was carrying to light their way. After all, what good would a candle be if it was "under a bushel" or if Satan blew it out? But I never could see what that song had to do with Jesus. I was in the dark.

Later in my life I found the love of God through Christ. There was no more darkness. A "light" went on inside my head, as well as inside my heart. How could I have missed it?

I am the LIGHT of the world.

Yup. YOU ARE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home