Christian Chapter Chat

9.14.2006

Silence.

It came to me as I read the first two pages [67 & 68] of this chapter - this is what has happened and is happening now!

Man has gone his own way - "They forgot to call on His name as they became
distracted by making a name for themselves.". Bring it into the present - We are distracted by making a name for ourselves. We don't need God! Is it any wonder that Man does not hear God - we are too busy doing our own thing!

It is all about choice and that is the bottom line. My pastor makes the point about choice over and over again; it is the fundamental aspect of our faith. We can choose to go our own way or we can choose to go God's way - it's as simple as that.

I pray that I will continue to choose faith over sight and that I will never give up on God!

4 Comments:

  • I don't think you could have said that sentiment better! Great post, Dave.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 7:46 AM  

  • Very well stated, Dave! And, conciously or unconciously we make that decision every day....we are either glorifying God or we are glorifying the enemy by every single action we do.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 10:03 AM  

  • It's interesting how a crises of faith calls for choice just as our daily life is full of choices that should be directed by our faith.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 9:16 AM  

  • this is also how I looked at the chapter - bringing it into our daily lives....

    By Blogger dangermama, at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home