Christian Chapter Chat

9.18.2006

Story

"And I'm amazed that the story of my choices, mistakes, regrets---the story of my life---actually matters to God." [pg. 80]

I identify with the above statement so much. It is almost too much for me to comprehend why God would want to care about me! What purpose does He see? What shape is He forming me in to? Out of all the people in the world, why did He call me to be one of His own? My mind cannot fathom it.

Yet, I know without a doubt He does care. There isn't anything about me which doesn't matter to God. From the little girl who was so insecure, to the teenager who rebelled in a myriad of different ways, to the young woman who ran from authority, to the young woman who finally bowed her head in submission to the greatest authority there is, He reached down and touched her stoney cold heart and made it into a soft, pliable, warm and beating heart which He protects by His very own blood.

He alone has given me security when there was none. He alone harnessed my wild ways and molded me into a woman who sees the need for authority. He opened my eyes to what love really is. And caused my heart of stone to finally crumble and feel the aches and pains of others.

I will never ever understand but I am so very, very grateful that He did reach down and touch me. It comforts me now to know that I matter to Him. Every single item of my life matters to Him and there is absolutely no way to repay Him except through my heart felt obedience. Oh how I pray that I will be supple and pliable in His strong hands as He molds me and shapes me into the woman He desires me to be.

3 Comments:

  • I'll second that post!!!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 7:55 AM  

  • I agree - it seems so foreign that such a huge, wonderful God would care what each one of does, and yet, He does - guess thats what makes Him God

    By Blogger dangermama, at 2:57 PM  

  • It really is an awesome reminder of His love and yet still so misunderstood or perhaps the understanding is just underdeveloped.

    By Blogger kpjara, at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home