Christian Chapter Chat

9.22.2006

New Wine

As the author states, Jesus didn’t come to earth to start a whole new religion – He came to give us a fresh spiritual connection with God. He came to teach us how to learn "the unforced rhythms of grace."

You know what? If I had to sum up this last year and a half of my life, that would be exactly the phrase I would use. I have changed into a new person as do many when they finally have their eyes opened to Christ but it’s not just me as a person that has changed but me and the way I live my life.

I’m not as hurried.

I’m not as stressed.

I’m not so much into being perfect any more.

I don’t get frustrated as easily.

I don’t collapse in tears as often as I used to.

I pray. I let it go. I move on.

I have found the unforced rhythm of grace and I have applied it to my daily life. I sit on the deck more. I play with the dogs more. I laugh and sing out loud more. I dance in the house more. I sit in quiet and listen for His voice and I hear Him tell me to let it go…that it doesn’t matter…that all that matters is bringing His kingdom to earth so He can come and dance with His bride.

I no longer run through life; I dance with it. And that has made the price of admission totally worth it.

2 Comments:

  • What an awesome post.

    "I no longer run through life; I dance with it. And that has made the price of admission totally worth it."

    Amen!

    By Blogger Andrea, at 3:52 PM  

  • This really is beautiful!

    By Blogger kpjara, at 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home