Christian Chapter Chat

9.22.2006

New Wine

this is exactly what I needed to read in the middle of a busy day.... its almost like one of those cheesy romance novels....

I have often wondered what the couple at the wedding thought about the new wine or if they even ever found out... like a couple of years down the road when Jesus was becoming more renowned did the lightbulb go off on where He started his ministry (I love those moments in my own life)

I dont think though, that Ive ever thought about Jesus dancing and being a part of the party... I always just kind of imagined him sitting by the wall, laughing and talking and enjoying the party - more of a spectator than an active guest.... how beautiful a picture though to see our God manifested in the flesh and enjoying a party.... I think too many people have a quiet picture of Jesus in their heads, but the Bible teaches He was really anything but....

I loved the whole little part at the end of the chapter.... it reminds me of the hope of what we have to look forward to and brings back little memories of the butterflies and smiles of a new love - just waiting at the window for your guy to get there to take you out on your first date - wondering if you look ok and how things will go, and once he is there, it doesnt even matter - not if hes the right one, that is.... all those little things just fade away and you find yourself just enjoying the company.... good stuff

"Jesus didnt arrive on earth to debate theology but to propose marriage. In a very real spiritual sense, God is courting us. Christianity is wild. It's intimate. It's heartbreaking and soul-mending. It's the wings to rise above the everyday and the hope of a honeymoon with the God who has loved you forever. The party has just begun, and the best is yet to come."

2 Comments:

  • Addie, I'm so excited to see you post again! I love this take on Jesus, too. And I think the author is right...Jesus loved a good celebration and probably WOULD have wanted a dance with the bride. Can you imagine???

    I love that His ministry started with a celebration - a wedding of all things! From a first wedding to a last supper - it all ties together.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 6:11 PM  

  • I love how it all ties together!

    By Blogger Andrea, at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home