Christian Chapter Chat

9.25.2006

Signs

"The more we demand that God prove himself and make sense to us, the less he will. The door to the miraculous swings on faith"


I've often wondered about those times God hardened Pharoah's heart after every miraculous disaster he witnessed. I would think I'd be believing Moses big time. But maybe God didn't have to work too hard at hardening his heart. We think miracles seem to be the perfect proof and so we think we need them but ironically they have a way of failing to root our faith.

Just like James Stevens starts the chapter, there are so many 'commonplace, everyday' miracles. And yet we have lost the wonder. Maybe that's one of the blessings of children - they help us to remember what once fascinated all of us. These are the signs that point to a Creator God or at the very least Intelligent Design. No wonder the Bible says we need the faith of a child.

2 Comments:

  • "I would think I'd be believing Moses big time."

    Yeah, Andrea, you and me both! I've wondered that myself.

    I think you're right on about the wisdom of children, too. They see in the most simplest terms but they do so without all the pre-conceived filters we've managed to place over our eyes. I have often wondered if Jesus appeared on earth today, would a child see the same man standing before him that I do?

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 7:24 PM  

  • That's an interesting observation Jules. Children have a way of not letting appearances get in the way of what's in the heart.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home