Christian Chapter Chat

9.21.2006

Mystery

Steven James has taken on the impossible - trying to describe the mystery of Jesus...trying to capture it in words that can't help but fall far short.

I used to think I knew Jesus because I knew about him.


In a smaller sense, we are each a mystery. No one knows any of us completely...except for the One who created us and knows us so much better than we know ourselves. We find it so easy to analyze people....and think we've got them figured out...but it's impossible. How much more impossible to understand Jesus!

3 Comments:

  • I love how you speak volumes with so few words.

    By Blogger kpjara, at 7:18 AM  

  • I do, too! But I really love this insight. I never realized before that our challenge to understand Jesus spreads to all of us. We'll never even fully understand all the things WE do throughout our own lifetimes so how can we expect to ever understand a man like Jesus?

    Yet, what a journey to try!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:32 AM  

  • That's the part I love - a journey that gets richer and deeper along the way.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home