Christian Chapter Chat

9.14.2006

Silence

This chapter reminded me of an incident in my own life. I was in high school and struggling. One day I went to sit by the river by myself and I started to beg God to show Himself to me in some way....something....anything.... But nothing.

I don't know how long I sat there staring at the river longing for God to show himself to me. The mystery was that after awhile I got up and went home more certain than ever that God was real even though there had been only silence.

"Maybe God knows that without his silences in our lives, we will never hear the
melody of faith."

I can testify to that...my own faith was strengthened that day in some unexplainable way.

3 Comments:

  • Andrea, that's a neat story.

    God's silence doesn't mean God's absence.

    In His silence, He still revealed Himself to you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:11 AM  

  • Don't you LOVE when that happens???

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 12:23 PM  

  • How special Andrea! I love how He works. It is always so unique and different!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home