Christian Chapter Chat

6.02.2006

Incredible Moment in an Olive Grove

I think I have a bad attitude. All these scmaltzy chapters of Gire's have just worn me down. I didn't even like the prayer that much... so I figure this has nothing to do with the chapter. I love this scripture. I love Jesus' restraint and Peter's brash courage in the heat of the moment.

I don't necessarily believe that this is Jesus' last miracle, just because Gire thinks so. Lots of things didn't get written down, not to mention the conversion of the centurian at Jesus' death. I'm out of sorts. And Gire's manhandling of the Gospels pisses me off.

4 Comments:

  • CJ, you are so right. There is such richness in this passage of Scripture and yet, Gire seems to miss it, or rather, just skip it and go for the "touchy-feely" or something. He has missed it on more than one occasion as far as I am concerned.

    I'm sorry you are in a pissy mood. I'll pray that your joy will return quickly.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 1:42 PM  

  • maybe you will like the next one better - its probably my favorite one that Gire does... but I do know how you feel, I grow weary of Gires "good time" writing as well sometimes

    By Blogger dangermama, at 2:14 PM  

  • Blogger's back up again, eh?

    Yes, I have got to agree with all three of you. The first chapters seemed to have so much more thought put into them at least. These last two weeks I have had to struggle to find ANYTHING in each chapter of his (other than the bible scripture) that could inspire or teach me.

    However, the things YOU all add - that is where the joy comes in for me. I can't even begin to tell you how much I have learned by going through this book with each of you so from that standpoint, its been a big success for me. (And it is all about me, right? LOL!!!)

    So, CJ, go right ahead and hate the chapter but don't ever let Gire keep you from sharing with the rest of us something wonderful that you might have gleemed from someone else about the parts of the scripture they relate to. Gire's book may be our outline but you all have been the filler.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 2:20 PM  

  • I totally agree with that Jules!

    By Blogger dangermama, at 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home