Christian Chapter Chat

5.29.2006

An Insightful Moment in the Upper Room

Well, ladies, I blew off that this was a MONDAY. Also, Addie wouldn't post because she only has a computer at work so I thought we'd just resume on Wednesday. Guess next time I should ask!

Well, CJ, I'm with you. I thought of all the things Gire could have talked about in the Upper Room, Christmas stockings was the LAST thing I expected. So, I'm blowing him off this time around and going with what I think.

If I could have been a fly on the wall of history, this would probably be one of the places I'd ask to go. The last moments of Jesus' time with His disciples. What all was said? What all was done? How was Jesus feeling and who did or didn't pick up on it?

No matter whether you believe Jesus always knew from the very beginning that He was the true Messiah or whether you believe it came to Him as He went forward in His ministry, one thing is certain. He KNOWS who he is now and he KNOWS what is coming. I can not imagine being Him at this night in history - unless...

Unless he has some kind of memory about what Heaven is. Does he know? Does he remember? Did the knowledge come to Him in a vision or has He become so close to the Father by now that He actually remembers what awaits Him? It is the only way I think I could bare to go through what He went through.

So, what do I think heaven is?

Everyone always talks about how we'll each have our own room in the kingdom but I don't think that's really so. I think it will be one big open place where we all are in community 24/7. Helping each other. Sharing our gifts. Praising our Lord. I think it will be every beautiful place from earth, every flower, every tree, every species of animal that ever lived all under God's one house. I think there will be colors we've never seen, voices we've never imagined, songs that leave us weeping for joy and beauty so sharp that it takes us eons to get used to it all. I really don't buy into the "gold streets" or "huge castle" scenarios because I can't imagine that God values those kinds of things. Gold is just gold. Buildings are just buildings. Hey, as far as I'm concerned, drop me down in the valley of the Rocky Mountains and point my head to the sky and I'll be overjoyed with heaven.

Oh, and one other thing -

Lord, if you can hear me, let my four legged friends all be there. Let me have one more wet kiss and one more butt wiggle and one more happy tongue coming my way. Please, Father, please...let Heaven hold a place for all the pets I ever loved and cared for.

Now THAT I can only imagine...

3 Comments:

  • There will be streets of gold etc, Jules, because the Lord tells us so and He would not lie. :) No, it doesn't have the same meaning to God...that's why He will use all the different jewels in a different way.

    And, if it takes you having your dogs in heaven to make you happy and content, then you will have your dogs in heaven. That's how it was described to me by a wise woman when I was little. But, I bet it won't take your dogs to make you happy! ;)

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 8:35 AM  

  • I remember reading that in the bible (about the streets of gold) and thinking "Why would God need streets of gold to make heaven cool?" Guess I'll have to wait and see!

    And no, it won't take my dogs to make me happy but it would take my happiness to a whole new level.
    :-)

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:42 AM  

  • oh man, I didnt even think about everyone else posting on Monday - all I could think about was that it was a holiday - boo on me b/c now Im behind, guess I have some catching up to do....

    By Blogger dangermama, at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home