Christian Chapter Chat

4.19.2006

Instructive Moment About God's Kingdom

Hey, didn't we already post on this one? Is Gire losing it or is he just lazy? Oh...never mind.

"...the present insignificance of God's kingdom..." now there's a current thought. Just a few days after Easter it's business as usual in the world. The fact is, even people like me... people who believe in the mystery of the sacrifice and the resurrection, can't keep up the pace. The mountaintop experiences give way to the blaahhs. Otherwise we would blaze our physical bodies to cinders standing face to face with God.

Life goes on and we must find our solace in the little things... hoping against hope that they will sprout inside us and grow us spiritually. I liked the prayer: And if it be your will that their conditions continue, give them stronger faith so they may bear their burdens, and stronger friends to bear what they cannot bear themselves. Help me be a stronger friend, O Lord.

3 Comments:

  • Ha! Cj, I had to do a double take too! Didn't I just read this? Wait...did I? LOL

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 9:52 AM  

  • well, I guess your post did the same for me as mine did for you - such an undiscussed truth...

    I wish I were a stronger friend as well - less selfish personally

    By Blogger dangermama, at 10:18 AM  

  • I certainly did a double take...rechecked the previous chapter and looked to see what Jules had titled her draft! :)

    Ah, you gotta love the mountain top experiences...but coming back down IS difficult. And, friendship? Oh I desire to be the very best friend but come up short so often!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home