Christian Chapter Chat

3.29.2006

A short word from our sponsors...

ok, ok, as requested I will do a post about the new house and the pregnancy and such

The new house - love it, love it, love it..... it still doesnt quite feel like "home" most days but I know that will come with time... I feel like I can breathe in this house now that I actually have room to move around.... I cant seem to find time to unpack boxes though - some thing always comes up, so we still have lots of stuff to move and unpack... last night we moved all 4 dogs over - what a site! Four dogs (3 of them quite large) in an 88 tercel hatchback with my husband going down the road (Gabe and I were following in my car) - they did so well at the new house, barely any barking, I was so impressed.... but my little one has a bad habit of finding ways to get out, which is not good in the country, but really bad in town, so Im praying that she doesnt find a way out... I will take pics when we get all of our stuff in

Pregnancy - sick off and on.. yuck... last pregnancy I was nauseous all day, every day for the first 4 months... this time its just off and on, but its still no fun b/c you never know when its going to hit, and its very frustrating to be hungry but not want to eat anything for fear of it making you sick.... also, I am extremely tired with this pregnancy, which is also different from the last - I was barely fatigued then, but now Im ready for bed at 8:30 - this is a large part of why boxes are going unpacked.... but I am ever joyful to have a new life growing inside of me, and will gladly take on these inconveniences for the privilege of being part of a miracle

and a prayer request.... I dont know if Ive told you guys or not, but I have OCD, not the clean-freak germaphobe you see on tv, and I dont know if its genetic or not, but every once in awhile I see Gabe doing things that are very suspicious to me, and Im hoping that its just me being sensitive to it and nothing more.... I would hate for him to have to live his life like I do alot of times....

any questions are welcomed... :)

13 Comments:

  • Addie, we will begin praying for Gabe right now! :)
    I'm so happy for you to be in your new home. You're right, it won't be long and it will feel just perfect.

    I'll be praying for the nauseous feeling to subside. My niece just gave birth yesterday to a daughter...after 4 sons!! Can you tell I am thrilled? They named her Anna Claire...I'm named Claire Ann...beause my dad was afraid people would call me Annie. I like Annie but that is neither here nor there.

    Can't wait to see pics when you can post.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 12:42 PM  

  • wow - I bet they are so excited about that little girl, she will rule the roost with all those boys... thats wonderful, Claire

    By Blogger dangermama, at 1:04 PM  

  • Addie, I'm so glad you finally shared all this! Sorry about the puking - man, is THAT no fun but you're right...small price to pay.

    As for Gabe - I'll be happy to say prayers but I'll bet money he's just "absorbing from his environment." How interesting that you have this...I never would have guessed. You'll have to post about it some time.

    Also, just wondering...are we going to find out at the sonogram if we're having a boy or a girl or are you going for the big surprise???

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 1:07 PM  

  • well, this first sonogram will just tell us how far along we are and if everything looks good and hopefully we will get to hear the heartbeat as well

    we wont find out the sex until the next sonogram which will be a couple of months, if Im remembering correctly... and yes, we are finding out - 1. I dont much care for surprises, and 2. we like to go ahead and start calling the baby by his/her name

    I will do a post on the OCD if everyone would like, although you will all have to promise you wont think Im crazy after you read it... :)

    By Blogger dangermama, at 1:17 PM  

  • I promise, I won't think you're crazy! Truth be told, I think there is some OCD in everyone...

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 1:39 PM  

  • Does it count that I have to everything in fives? (I wash five dishes, fold five articles of clothing, pick up five things off the floor of my cell....

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 7:24 PM  

  • How about me and m&m's? I have to eat three at a time and they have to be the same color - unless I'm down to the end of the bag and then they all go in my mouth at once!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 7:52 AM  

  • CJ you live in a cell?

    dude, if all I had to worry about was doing things in 5's and 3's, then it wouldnt be so bad.... :)

    By Blogger dangermama, at 8:10 AM  

  • Addie, truthfully, I think it's amazing that you manage life with OCD. The more I think about it, the more I realize that EVERYBODY has SOMETHING that they are consumed with on a daily basis. Some have health problems, some have mental, some have family duties or an all-consuming job. Won't heaven be wonderful when all of this B.S. is gone from our lives and we just have to LIVE for HIM?

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:21 AM  

  • Cell is what nuns call their bedroom. Do you suppose there's some psychological implication there???

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 9:59 AM  

  • ok, I was wondering there, CJ - didnt know if might have to come do a jail break or something... ha ha

    oh, Jules, to be free of this earthly body and its limitations... its beyond imagination... :)

    By Blogger dangermama, at 10:17 AM  

  • Oh, heavens yes! I have double light switches in my kitchen. One over by my stove and the other set across the room by the doorway into the kitchen. My dear mother (bless her heart!) just turns on one switch at a time when she enters the room. Then when she gets over by the stove she turns the other one on. Now the switches are not even...ones up and ones down. I have to have them both in the same position. Both on or, both off. Drives me nuts. I'll walk across the room to remedy the situation!!! :)

    Aren't we humans the funniest things around? Lol! :D

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 10:35 AM  

  • CJ - I was also wondering about the "cell" term. I saw your prayer on the prayer blog where you were asking for God to help you commit and then I heard you call your quarters a "cell" and I thought, "If this woman is thinking of her living space as a jail cell, God's never going to want her to commit!"

    I'm glad you cleared that up for me. LOL

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home