Christian Chapter Chat

3.22.2006

An Intense Moment on a Mountaintop

how excruciating to know that every day you are one day closer to your death.... and not just that but the ones you love deserting you at your most crucial time, one of your closest even betraying you and starting the ticking on this whole time bomb

how could you get up every day? how could you go on? why would you want to? why save these people who dont seem to want to be saved?

Its hard to imagine that kind of love. But then again, Im not God.

Its hard to imagine that Jesus would choose to go through this when He didnt have to. But then again, He is God. He can look past then, He can look past now, and He can see what is to come.
He knows whether what He is about to do is really worth it or not.

He doesnt have to love me. I dont deserve it. Im definetely not worth it. And yet, He chooses to. That blows me away. Why would anyone stand beside me when I fail them over and over? Why would anyone stay with me when I drag their name through the mud? Why would anyone continue to hold my hand when I keep trying to pull it away? Love. Complete Love. Unconditional Love. God's Love.

6 Comments:

  • "He can look past then, He can look past now, and He can see what is to come." Beautifully stated, Addie.

    "how excruciating to know that every day you are one day closer to your death...." Yet, we ARE one day (or sec) closer to our death. We just refuse to recognize it!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 9:23 AM  

  • Okay, CJ got me all hopped up and excited and you just made me turn right around and start crying.

    Oh, a woman and her emotions...

    (but I digress.)

    All I'm gonna say is if I can write something this beautiful for the piece I'm doing at church I'll be so happy I'll be dancing in the streets. Really, Addie. This was one fine piece of writing.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 9:36 AM  

  • Claire, I thought about that, how we really know that we are living to die (so to speak), but Christ really knew how hard it was going to be, having all the sins of the world (past, present, and future) on Him, and that would weigh so heavy on anyone....

    thank you, Jules, but I have no doubt that you have been given (or will be given) exactly what God wants to be out there for everyone and it will be beautiful... I cant wait to read it

    By Blogger dangermama, at 9:57 AM  

  • I agree Addie, the sins,,,I've heard it said that if God revealed ONLY 1% of our sin to us, the weight would crush us...I cannot fathom all sins (past, present and future) on one person.
    BTW, welcome back. I missed you on Friday! :)

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 10:08 AM  

  • I get all caught up in the semantics sometimes... you say Jesus chose to do this. I thought he had some real reservations when he was talking to God in the garden, but essentially said "not my will, but yours." A choice to obey rather than choose. Never mind. I love what you said. (Welcome back, too.)

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 10:10 AM  

  • interesting thoughts CJ.... what I meant was that He didnt have to do it - I believe He could have changed his mind, and though He may not have always wanted to do it, He still chose to do it, chose to obey....

    I was missing you guys as well, and couldnt wait to get back and read what y'all had written

    By Blogger dangermama, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home